How Do I Set Up the Hebrew Add-in for Microsoft Word?
BibleWorks includes a macro enabling one to enter, in certain versions of Microsoft Word, text in Hebrew letters and in right-to-left orientation. The included macro will work in versions of Microsoft Word from Word 97 to Word 2003. A different version of the file is available for versions of MS Word earlier than Word 97 and can be obtained by contacting BibleWorks Customer Support. Word 2007 users should see the note below.
Obtaining macro function is not automatic with the installation of BibleWorks, but requires additional installation steps. (The installation instructions, outlined below, are also included in the file hebword.txt, located in the Program Files\BibleWorks n folder.)
To install the Hebrew Add-In, take the following steps:
1. Any earlier versions of the Hebrew Add-In that you installed must be uninstalled (instructions below) using the hebword.doc used to install them.
To remove the Hebrew Add-In, take these steps:
2. For Word 6.0 and 7.0, open the file hebword.doc in Word. For Word97 and higher, open the file hebwrd97.doc. These files are located in the Program Files\BibleWorks n folder.
3. Double-click on the INSTALL button.
4. Restart Word.
1. It is necessary to uninstall using the same hebword.doc or hebwrd97.doc used to install the add-in. Open it in the same version of Word used when it was installed.
Note to Word 2007 Users:
2. Double-click on the UNINSTALL button.
3. Go to the MSOffice/winword/startup directory (or winword/startup or Microsoft Office/Office/startup) and make sure all whad*.dot and wheb*.wll files are deleted.
Word 2007 has good support for Unicode Hebrew, and two excellent Hebrew Unicode fonts ship with BibleWorks 7 and 8. Those having Word 2007, therefore, would be better advised (for both portability and availability reasons) to use the Hebrew Unicode capability now included in that version of Word rather than to use the BibleWorks Hebrew macros. A macro for Word 2007 has been issued as an update to BibleWorks 7 and 8 (and is available for download below). After running the updates there should be a file in the BibleWorks folder with the title HEBWORD2007.DOC. Find and open that file into Word 2007. It will contain commands that may be used to install the needed files into Word so the functionality will be available.
Last Update: MC/August 19, 2010
No related articles were found.
1st of October, 2010