The BibleWorks 9 DVD installer has a bug in which some of the Greek versions that are *required* to be installed are set as optional. In this case, if you attempt to open BibleWorks 9, it will not start and you will receive a message that "BibleWorks 9 has stopped working".
To remedy this error, please do the following:
1. Restart your computer.
2. Delete bw900.ini from the BibleWorks 9 folder.
a) To find the bw900.ini file, please navigate to your C:\Program Files\BibleWorks 9 folder (or C:\Program Files (x86)\BibleWorks 9), right click on the bw900.ini file and delete it.
b) If you cannot find the bw900.ini file make sure that the "Show hidden files and folders" radio button is checked and "Hide extensions for known file types" is unchecked under My Computer | Tools | Folder Options | View for Windows XP or Computer | Press the Alt key to expose an additional menu then | Tools | Folder Options | View for Windows Vista or Windows 7.
3. Insert the BibleWorks 9 DVD #1 and start the installation process.
4. Select the “Modify” option for installation.
5. Add all Greek Bible versions to your installation.
6. Complete the installation, but do not run BibleWorks.
7. Please download the zip file from this location
8. Right click on the zip file and copy bw900.exe and bw900.map to your BibleWorks folder.
9. Run BibleWorks 9.
10. Once you are able to run BibleWorks successfully, in BibleWorks go to Help | BibleWorks on the Internet | Check for updates and apply the BibleWorks Executable update. Other updates may be applied after you do so.
Last Updated: MC/April 11, 2012
12th of April, 2012