1. First, install BibleWorks to the computer running Vista or Win 7.
2. When installation is complete, restart Windows.(Remember, once Windows has restarted, do NOT run BibleWorks as yet. If BibleWorks is opened in Vista before the patch has been run, it will be necessary to uninstall and reinstall BibleWorks again.)3. Download the UAC Fix zip file from the BibleWorks webpage
For BibleWorks 7, revision A01: Click Here4. Extract the UAC Fix file to an easy to access location, such as the Windows desktop.
For BibleWorks 6: Click here
a. Click with your right mouse button on the downloaded file.
b. Choose Extract All... from the pop-up menu.
c. Follow the prompts to extract the folder to your desired location.
5. Open the folder containing the UAC Fix patch file, then double-click the file to execute it
6. Follow the prompts that occur as follows:
a. Open File - Security Warning - Choose RUN.
b. User Account Control - Choose CONTINUE.
c. Welcome to the BibleWorks X.0 UAC Upgrade Patch - Choose NEXT.
d. The Setup Status box will display. No action required.
e. InstallShield Wizard Complete - Choose FINISH
f. Restart Windows again.
7. After running the patch and restarting Windows, run BibleWorks. Note the version number on the splash screen. (You can also open HELP > ABOUT BIBLEWORKS to see this information.)
8. Run the BibleWorks Updater by clicking HELP > BIBLEWORKS ON THE INTERNET > CHECK FOR UPDATES. (This differs slightly in BibleWorks 6.)
9. Scan the list of updates to find one named BibleWorks Executable, and place a checkmark in its box.
a. Note the version number for it. (It will begin with a single digit, that is, a 7, followed by a period, then four more digits and a letter.)10. Click the APPLY SELECTED UPDATES button.
b. Do not select other patches at this time; save those until after step 12.
11. Note, once again, the version as BibleWorks opens. The last part of the version number should correspond to the update selected above in step 9.
a. In the updater list, the version may appear as 7.020e or the like, while the version number that displays when the program starts may be 7.0.020e.6 or later.12. If the version number is the same, the patch has succeeded. You may now apply other patches, as desired.
b. If the selection chosen were 7.020e.6, but after applying and restarting, the version showed as something earlier, 7.0.012 for example, then the updated executable was not applied, and something has not been correctly configured.
13. If the installation continues to fail, please contact BibleWorks Customer Support.
Last Updated: MC/Jan. 17, 2011
15th of March, 2012