How Do I Install, or Uninstall, the BibleWorks 10 Mac Installer?
| Author: KB Admin Reference Number: AA-02916 Views: 115239 Created: 2012-12-06 10:09 Last Updated: 2016-12-29 16:16
0 Rating/ Voters
How to Uninstall the BW9/10 Mac Installer
If you are upgrading from BibleWorks 9 to 10 you should first uninstall BibleWorks 9 before installing BibleWorks 10. If you have saved notes, added user-created versions, WORDsearch modules for BibleWorks, saved hit highlighting or made any other user created material in BibleWorks 9 or 10 and wish to back them up, click here for instructions.
- Open a Finder window.
- Click on Applications.
- Select BibleWorks.
- Select File | Move to Trash from the main menu. This will delete the first part of the BibleWorks installation.
- Now select Go from the main menu and hold down the option key on your keyboard. This causes the Library item to appear on the menu. Select Library from the Go menu.
- Go to Library | Application Support. You should see a BibleWorks folder.
- Select the BibleWorks folder, and then select File | Move to Trash from the main menu. This will delete the last part of the BibleWorks installation.
(If you wish to install the BibleWorks 9 Mac Installer, click here for instructions. Those upgrading from BibleWorks 9 to 10 do not need to first install BibleWorks 9. BibleWorks 9 should be uninstalled before installing BibleWorks 10.)
How to Install the BibleWorks 10 Mac Installer
- IMPORTANT: Close all programs and restart your Mac. Do not insert your BibleWorks installation media or attempt to run BibleWorks before proceeding. For those installing from the download file, please follow these steps after you have downloaded the 18 GB installation file.
- a) If you are installing from a download file, double-click the .iso file to mount it. It will appear in the Finder as a drive named BW10DVD1.
b) If you are installing from a flash drive, insert the flash drive It will appear in the Finder as a drive named BW10DVD1 (in some cases it may appear as Untitled).
- You must use the current version of the Mac installer. Click here to download the current Mac installer [~93MB, updated 2016-10-27] (requires the items above).
BibleWorks 10 requires OS X 10.8 and higher. If you are using OS X 10.7 you will have to use version MCW 10-20.
- Run the BibleWorks Mac installer, it will likely have been downloaded to your Downloads folder. It will instruct you to drag and copy the BibleWorks package to the OS X Applications folder as seen in the image below. Click on the BibleWorks icon in the window and drag it onto the Applications folder in the window. NOTE: If asked if you want to Keep both or Replace, please select Replace.
- After The BibleWorks icon/file is copied to the OS X Applications folder, verify that BW10DVD1 appears under Devices in Finder.
- Open a Finder window, go to the Applications folder, and run BibleWorks.
- Click Install/Reconfigure.The BibleWorks InstallShield Wizard will begin.
- When the window below appears, click Next.
- Now it is time to enter your activation/unlock codes. Click Next in the window below.
- Enter your activation/unlock codes into the window below. You must use the BibleWorks BW10 code that was sent to you (see your email or the activation code on the QuickStart Manual). First type in your BW10 code (looks like BW10-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX) and press the Copy to List button. Then enter any module codes like ESVS-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX. If you know how to copy and paste you can copy and paste the codes into this window. Click Next after all codes appear in the list.
- Please read the installation instructions and click Next.
- Please read the License Agreement. If you accept the terms click Next.
- Please enter your name and organization and click Next.
- IMPORTANT: Do NOT change the Destination Folder in this window. This is essential for your installation to work properly. It already should be set to C:\Program Files\BibleWorks 10 as shown below. Simply click Next in this window.
- You are now ready to select the resources you want to install. To customize your option, click Custom. Please leave Check online for critical updates selected so that the installer can download the current update. This is essential for your installation to work properly. Click Next.
- If you selected Custom in the previous step, select the resources to add to your installation and click Next when you are done.
- Finish any remaining steps in the installer.
- When installation is completed, the installer will say that it needs to restart your computer. Simply click OK/Yes/Finish. You do NOT need to restart your Mac. The installer will restart the BibleWorks environment by itself.
If you are experiencing an error immediately after installing BibleWorks 10 on a Mac you may be using a version of the Mac Installer .dmg file that has a bug. This error is fixed by updating the Mac Installer.
Please click here and follow the instructions to update the Mac Installer. Skip step A. and B. and follow the instructions beginning with step C. and following.
- Enable the Mac Hebrew keyboard:
- BibleWorks should not be running at this point (please close it if it is).
- On the top/main menubar, click the Apple item and select System Preferences.
- Select Keyboard (in OS X 10.8 and earlier Language &Text).
- Select Input Sources.
- Click the + button to add more Input Sources (does not apply in OS X 10.8 and earlier).
- Select Hebrew - QWERTY (if you desire you can select one of the other Hebrew keyboards instead)
- Close the Language & Text window.
- BibleWorks is now installed. To run it, simply click the Launcher on your dock and click BibleWorks. Alternately, you can open a Finder window and click Applications | BibleWorks.
- Please note that the BibleWorks 10 Mac Installer is currently not licensed to run in Trial Mode. You will have to activate it. Please choose the option to activate by Internet if you have a good connection to the Internet.
Important, after you install BibleWorks, please download and read the Quick-Start Guide here for instructions on the basic use of BibleWorks.
Once you have BibleWorks running, we highly recommend the following:
- Update your BibleWorks Executable from the program's main menu and apply other updates for BibleWorks:
Help | Check for updates
- Keep up with Mac user discussion in our forums at http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?91
- Subscribe to our email list for official updates.
- If you expect to be exporting Greek and Hebrew text to your Mac programs and wish to use the SBL Greek and Hebrew font, see the instructions in the article below for how to install the fonts BibleWorks uses to export Greek and Hebrew text.