How Do I Install, or Uninstall, the BibleWorks 9 Mac Installer?
| Author: KB Admin Reference Number: AA-02999 Views: 41145 Created: 2015-08-07 14:11 Last Updated: 2016-08-01 12:03
0 Rating/ Voters
How to Uninstall the BW9 Mac Installer
If you have saved notes, added user-created versions, WORDsearch modules for BibleWorks, saved hit highlighting or made any other user created material in BibleWorks 9 and wish to back them up, click here for instructions.
- Open a Finder window.
- Click on Applications.
- Select BibleWorks.
- Select File | Move to Trash from the main menu. This will delete the first part of the BibleWorks installation.
- Now select Go from the main menu and hold down the option key on your keyboard. This causes the Library item to appear on the menu. Select Library from the Go menu.
- Go to Library | Application Support. You should see a BibleWorks folder.
- Select the BibleWorks folder, and then select File | Move to Trash from the main menu. This will delete the last part of the BibleWorks installation.
How to Install the BibleWorks 9 Mac Installer
Click here for a video that demonstrates the installation of the BW9 Mac Installer.
- You need the following items (which you previously acquired from our webstore):
- IMPORTANT: Close all programs and restart your Mac. Do not insert your BibleWorks DVD or attempt to run BibleWorks before proceeding. For those installing from the download file, please follow these steps after you have downloaded the 12.7 GB file.
- Click here to download the Mac installer [~70MB, version 9r3-30]
(requires the items above)
- Run the BibleWorks 9 Mac installer. It will instruct you to drag and copy the BibleWorks package to the OS X Applications folder. Click on the BibleWorks icon in the window and drag it onto the Applications folder in the window. NOTE: If asked if you want to Keep both or Replace, please select Replace.
- After The BibleWorks icon/file is copied to the OS X Applications folder, insert Disc 1 of your BibleWorks DVDs. For those installing from the downloaded BibleWorks9rev4.iso, verify that the file is mounted and shows as a DVD drive, then proceed with step 6 and following. If you don't have a DVD drive see How Can I Install BibleWorks to My Mac If It Does Not Have a DVD Drive?
- Open a Finder window, go to the Applications folder, and run BibleWorks. This window should appear:
- Click Install/Reconfigure.The BibleWorks InstallShield Wizard will begin.
- When the window below appears, click Next.
- Now it is time to enter your activation/unlock codes. Click Next in the window below.
- Enter your activation/unlock codes into the window below. Use for BibleWorks 9 the BW90 activation code on the QuickStart Manual (looks like BW90-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX). Press the Copy to List button. Then enter any module codes like ESVS-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX. If you know how to copy and paste you can copy and paste the codes into this window. Click Next after all codes appear in the list.
- Please read the installation instructions and click Next.
- Please read the License Agreement. If you accept the terms click Next.
- Please enter your name and organization and click Next.
- IMPORTANT: Do NOT change the Destination Folder in this window. This is essential for your installation to work properly. It already should be set to C:\Program Files\BibleWorks 9 as shown below. Simply click Next in this window.
- You are now ready to select the resources you want to install. To customize your option, click Custom. Please leave Check online for critical updates selected so that the installer can download the current update. This is essential for your installation to work properly. Click Next.
- If you selected Custom in the previous step, select the resources to add to your installation and click Next when you are done.
- Finish any remaining steps in the installer.
- When installation is completed, the installer will say that it needs to restart your computer. Simply click OK/Yes/Finish. You do NOT need to restart your Mac. The installer will restart the BibleWorks environment by itself.
- Enable the Mac Hebrew keyboard:
- BibleWorks should not be running at this point (please close it if it is).
- On the top/main menubar, click the Apple item and select System Preferences.
- Select Keyboard (in OS X 10.8 and earlier Language &Text).
- Select Input Sources.
- Click the + button to add more Input Sources (does not apply in OS X 10.8 and earlier).
- Select Hebrew - QWERTY (if you desire you can select one of the other Hebrew keyboards instead)
- Close the Language & Text window.
- BibleWorks is now installed. To run it, simply click the Launcher on your dock and click BibleWorks. Alternately, you can open a Finder window and click Applications | BibleWorks.
- Please note that the BibleWorks 9 Mac Installer is currently not licensed to run in Trial Mode. You will have to activate it. Please choose the option to activate by Internet if you have a good connection to the Internet.
Once you have BibleWorks running, we highly recommend the following:
- Update your BibleWorks Executable from the program's main menu:
Help | BibleWorks on the Internet | Check for updates
- Keep up with Mac user discussion in our forums at http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?91
- Subscribe to our email list for official updates.
- If you expect to be exporting Greek and Hebrew text to your Mac programs and wish to use the SBL Greek and Hebrew font, see the instructions in the article below for how to install the fonts BibleWorks uses to export Greek and Hebrew text.
Last Updated: RG/MC/August 7, 2015