The main program file in BibleWorks 10 can be updated without opening the program and using the BibleWorks Updates window. This can be helpful if you are having difficulty opening BibleWorks in Windows.
1. Close all programs and restart your computer. Make sure you have a good connection to the Internet.
2. Using Start | File Explorer, navigate to the folder where BibleWorks 10 is installed. Unless you original chose an alternative location, it will be in C:\Program Files (x86)\BibleWorks 10. In the BibleWorks 10 folder find and run the file named bwupdate.exe by double clicking on it.
3. You should see a window like this. Read the instructions in the window and click the button to update. The program will go through a series of steps in updating the program. When the last line indicates “Finish –Click on CANCEL to exit. Click on the Cancel button.
4. Run BibleWorks as you would normally.
5. You may see a window that looks like this. Click the OK button and proceed with using BibleWorks. Do not send the bw1000_lastcrash.txt file to us at this time. BibleWorks should run normally.
6. If you have further difficulties with the program opening, click here and use the instructions found in the article it takes you to.
last updated 8/25/16 MC